Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Looking Toward the New Assignment

Back to my blog home page: http://travelingotr.blogspot.com


Well, folks, I was so busy packing and spending time with loved ones in Northern Cal that I wasn't able to write and tell you where I am headed next....this is a vast departure from the redwoods and the Pacific Ocean, but mind you, it has a charm all its own...

and I will fully explore it as I have explored the other places I have been!

I am headed to Kansas.



What I have found initially about this area is that it is a town named for two Indian tribes and the setting for an exciting battle between the "free-staters" (abolitionists) and pro-slavery folks during the Civil War. I am excited to learn more about the history of this area!!

In the meantime, I am unpacking this:





1 comment:

  1. Glory be. You are such an adventurer. JK

    ReplyDelete