Tuesday, February 21, 2012

10 Ways to Shift the Direction of Your Life, Part Two

Back to my blog home page: http://travelingotr.blogspot.com

Stretch.

Fill your lungs with breath. Get in touch with how you feel. Be aware of where you hold stress in your muscles, and then learn to stretch those muscle groups so that you care for your body. It has to carry you through life!

 I have a tough one with this one. I literally have to schedule it in, and many times, I punt it for another activity. I find, though, if I stretch in the morning, I feel much better during my day!

Be open to the Divine in everyday life.

Being open to the Divine is far deeper than listening to a sermon in church every Sunday. There are miraculous moments every day taking place if we turn our gaze to them. An ocean wave, the sounds and flight patterns of a flock of birds,


periennials sticking up through the ground after the last snow, unexpected generosity of a stranger, the miracle of love, an emotional or physical healing. The list goes on.

What if we open our eyes to all that is?

Listen for what you would normally not hear.

We only really hear part of what others say. What if we hear with sharper ears? What if we read body language with sharper eyes? What if we tune into our own intuition? It's about more than words.


Let go of the need for material success.

Let me give you an example taken from a news article by CNN on 2010 Heroes. Narayanan Krishnan was a bright, young, award-winning chef with a five-star hotel group, short-listed for an elite job in Switzerland. But a quick family visit home before heading to Europe changed everything.

"I saw a very old man eating his own human waste for food," Krishnan said. "It really hurt me so much. I was literally shocked for a second. After that, I started feeding that man and decided this is what I should do the rest of my lifetime." (direct quote from CNN)...


Since then, he has served more than 1.2 million meals to homeless and destitute people in India. He let go of a need for financial wealth and followed a passion to help save his people. He is now recognized all over the world. Amazing man.

When I say he is a wealthy man, it's not at all about material success.


Choose joy.

I went through a period in life in which I thought I could certainly not get through it. I would certainly never want to re-live it. Everyone goes through at least one or two of these distressing times in their lives.The only thing that got me through was a conscious decision to choose joy.

Every morning, I looked in the mirror. At that defining moment, I decided on my day. I could choose joy or not....



I don't know about you, but I'd rather be around a positive person than a pisser!

My hope is that at least one of these ten "direction shifters" speak to you. Let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment