Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gratitude

Back to my blog home page: http://travelingotr.blogspot.com

I'm getting ready to return to work after the Thanksgiving holiday. It was the first year in many that I had Thursday and Friday off! In the rehab world, therapy still has to be done 5 days a week, so I worked on Saturday.

I spent the holiday with my "adopted California family." As I drove the three hours to their home, I was overcome by the beauty of the coast, the forest and, as I neared their home, the vineyards in fall splendor.

I nearly had to stop the car! I felt tears choking me. That led to a long list of other things that I felt thankful for. I literally spent the trip in prayer, Thanksgiving prayer...

There have been a number of years in my life in which I have not been able to see the good in everything. This hard work of forgiving and releasing all that does not positively serve my life is paying off.

It leaves only that which brings the best of thoughts.

May each of you focus on the best of your thoughts this week. Forgive. Let small things go. Give people the benefit of the doubt. See what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment