Monday, April 30, 2012

Shoes

Back to my blog home page: http://travelingotr.blogspot.com

My twin, Elle, visited me for several days and she walked me to the door this morning as I left for a half day work before spending the rest of the day with her.

She looked me over. Grey-blue Grey's Anatomy scrubs



down to my Mary Janes




"Hhhmmmm, I like your shoes!"


I told her, "So does my 93 year old patient. Every time she looks down and sees my feet, which is at least three times a treatment session, she breaks out in her wicked-witch-of-the-west voice,

"Now you can just put those shoes right in my closet!"

(little deeeaarrriiiee)....really, she could have been on the Wizard of Oz...

and Elle said,

"You need to write about shoes!"

I've procrastinated tonight, having spent the evening with Elle and another wonderful little sister, Kate, so I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Choose the right shoe!

I had gotten to the point a couple years ago when I was limping by the time I got home. I was wearing expensive running shoes. They didn't work for me! By fluke, I was in a uniform store in northern California that carried a brand called

Alegria (the emphasis is not on the leg  but on the gri .) Click on the link and it will take you to their website.


Check them out. Really! Within a day, I realized that I had no  foot pain. I have been brand loyal since then. Not only do they feel wonderful, they look great. Someone comments on those shoes every day.

We healthcare providers spend too much of our days on our feet - and you know the saying - we need to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others....

so, take care of your feet...



No comments:

Post a Comment