Monday, August 29, 2011

Make Your Day Sweeter...

Back to my blog home page: http://travelingotr.blogspot.com

Last week, I walked into a new patient's room. His lovely wife had set up the most beautiful tray to brighten his day... a china cup and saucer filled with coffee and cream (nearly unheard of in a skilled nursing facility except maybe in the doctor's lounge). Beside it was a china plate holding the most enticing sweet! I asked what it was.

"A florentine!" she said, and proceeded to tell me which boulangerie she had visited that morning. (Love the bakeries in northern Cal!)

The florentine she brought her husband was actually rolled with a light cream filling inside. I couldn't resist. Yesterday, I walked over and picked one up at the bakery.

It was...melt-in-your-mouth delicious!

So, imagine this:


rolled and injected with a cream filling...
Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment